Vitamin C is a water-soluble antioxidant and one of the best-researched nutrients. Most mammals can produce vitamin C as they need it but the human system evolved without this ability, so we must ensure an adequate daily intake to stay healthy. Vitamin C is found in fruits and vegetables, but it is easily destroyed by heat, cooking, processing, and storage and rapidly eliminated from our system in the urine. Inadequate levels of vitamin C may be seen in cases of physical and mental stress, older people and those with chronic conditions including cardiovascular disease, asthma, arthritis, age-related eye disease, and certain cancers. Vitamin C is best known for strengthening the immune system by supporting and improving white blood cell function. It is also essential for the proper formation of collagen, the building block of many tissues and a crucial component in skin rejuvenation. Vitamin C also helps to reduce histamine release in the body, thereby alleviating allergy symptoms. There are numerous forms of vitamin C with ascorbic acid being the purest and simplest form.
- Pure ascorbic acid combined with calcium, magnesium and potassium to reduce its natural acidity and make it easier to digest
- Mixes easily with a small amount of water or juice to make a slightly fizzy, concentrated immune-boosting drink
- Less acidic and easier on the stomach than ascorbic acid alone
- Supplies part of your daily calcium, magnesium and potassium requirements
- Formulated by an allergy specialist to be hypoallergenic, with no added bioflavonoids, flavours, sweeteners or other non-medicinal ingredients
- Powder form for flexible dosing (people can personalize the amount they take at one time)
- Also available in natural orange flavour, with natural sweeteners and colours